Flax Seed Oil for Dogs
Flax seed oil is a natural supplement you can give to your dog which has many healthy benefits, it has been recommended by vets for quite some time now. Flax seed oil contains essential fatty acids which are just as important as vitamins and minerals, they help to regulate hormones and the nervous and immune systems as well as being good for the heart.
Main Beneifts of giving your dog flax seed oil:
- Improve skin conditions making the coat health and shiny. Especially good if your dog has dry itchy skin, which is a sign of a lack of essential oils.
- Flax seed oil has shown to have anti-inflammatory properties, which will improve the mobility of your dog
- Contains lignin which is a compound believed to have cancer-fighting, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties
How to give your dog flax seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon for small dogs and up to a tablespoon for very large dogs depending on size of dog. Simply mix it in food once a day.
- Flax seed oil can be bought as liquid or capsule form, if you have bought capsule simply burst the oil over the food.
- Once opened store it in the fridge otherwise it will quickly go off as it is highly sensitive if exposed to light, heat and air.
If you are confused about the right flaxseed oil supplement for your dog, seek the opinion of the veterinarian.