Summer Dog – Keeping Cool
- The weather is hotting up but remember to keep your dogs cool this summer. All dogs but especially flat faced breeds are the ones most at risk from over heating which can be fatal in some cases. Follow this simple steps to keep your dog safe in hot weather:
- Always have cool fresh water available.
- Don’t walk your dog in hot weather during the hottest hours. Walk them early in the morning or wait for the sun to start setting, have a bottle of water with you. You don’t want your dog drinking from muddy puddles and dirty streams.
- If your dog is in the garden make sure there is always shady area for them to keep cool. Bare in mind the movement of the sun as the day goes on.
- Never leave your dog in a car, still so many dogs die each year as owners don’t think of the consequences.
- If you are leaving your dog in the house make sure it is a cool room, never leave a dog in a conservatory or porch in direct sunlight.